Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Farewell" to Kumon

Well, this post is actually about my last day of working in Kumon which was yesterday Jan 15 before I resume back to my new semester which will be start on the Jan 18..since Oct 09, I have promised Miss Lee that I will continue working till my semester start..so I make up my mind to work till the last day of the last week of my 3 months holidays which start end of Sept 09...

Initially it was tough to let go this job since I took months to get used to that job...though at first I hoped for a Maths tutor job but I was granted a English tutor job which at first I find it quite tough for me but as time passed I really get used to that job though it was tough for me at first..however with the mental strength and the initiative and also the willingness to learn new things really help me a lot to get along with the system there..frankly speaking the Maths and English department both have its own system...from what I have heard from one of my friend who was teaching Maths higher level, he really tensed a lot marking students' worksheets...as we know for Maths, it more emphasis in their workings...

Till now, I could guide a worksheets until Level CII, though people may say that level is low but it is not...for me that level can consider quite tough and to do well, the student must give a lot of effort in it and not for the sake of just doing and pass up...

Hmm, back to the topic, as it was my last day, I make full use of the tutoring time doing the reading and explaning...and for some students, before they leave, I gave them some useful advise in learning..hope that they could absorb what I have counsel them...as a teacher, we also hope that the students can learn well and have a better knowledge to live in this society nowadays...

During yesterday working period, we were quite free in the afternoon and early evening...and I have my earliest dinner since I worked there...I ate my dinner at 6.15 pm...to my surprise, when I walked to the pantry, the dining table was full with 2 empty seats left...XD
went to wash my hands and start eating my dinner and what make me feel a bit shy was that all the stuffs eating there were women; Jamie, LSY and 2 new stuffs...and later on Miss Lee came in and had dinner with us too sitting next to me as there was an empty seat next to me...WOOHOO!!!FIRST TIME!!!feel glad but a bit shy but what to do..appreciate that moment of course as it was my last day...don't even know if there will be another chance to meet up again...sigh...

Then after eaten my dinner and left Jamie and me and Teacher Christina and Rina came in for dinner too..as I have some time left over so planned to stay in with them chit chatting...but Jamie gave me the food she leftover as she could not finish it..at first refuse to accept it but after few time persuaded me then I finish it off...really shy leh...sigh...

Soon just left 3 of us, C, R and me...we had some fun chat but I seldom interfere and just keep an ear on what they say and laughed...what a time foe that...really apreciate that moments a lot...

Went to my place and continue my guiding job..and soon students kept on coming in and soon became a big crowd..but we managed to clear the students fast and maintain the pace...

Finally, most of the students have being cleared before 10 pm and just one doing reading till 10 plus...Signed off around 10.15 pm...

That's all for now...Adios!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment